- Job type:
A challenging task:
- Work in the international, cross-functional XING Ticketing Manager Scrum team in our Munich office.
- Act as the quality conscience of your team, putting your software quality and test expertise into practice
- During planning and grooming, discover the true complexity behind the product manager's ideas.
- Find and clarify ambiguities and mismatches early to ensure the team is heading in the right direction.
- Challenge the product by designing the right test cases. Use our testing infrastructure, data, and tools to perform manual, exploratory and automated testing.
- Manage the incoming defects, and stay in touch with user care and customer service teams.
- Extend and maintain our regression tests. Identify what should and shouldn’t be automated and drive these activities.
- Monitor the health of the product and make quality issues and concerns visible. Help others understand the risks for and impact on our end users
A convincing background:
- You are a curious and courageous tester, who ideally has at least 2 years of experience in testing web or mobile applications.
- You are a clear and precise communicator who is alert and proactive.
- Ideally you have an engineering background.
- You are keen to keep on learning about technical topics and also happy to share your knowledge and experience.
- You always know one more way to improve things –and you know when "good" is "good enough".
- You might have first experience with web development tools and architecture, version control systems (e.g. Git) and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins).
- Even better if you have tried out automated testing with e.g. Selenium, Capybara
- Also a plus: experience in mobile testing.
- You are a proficient English speaker (German is not required but nice to have).
What you get:
XING Events offers a dynamic environment located in the center of Munich with an excellent rooftop terrace. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones, e.g. by using our Code School account, or attending other individual courses to sharpen your technical skills. You also have the possibility to attend and get support to speak at conferences (e.g. "Agile Testing Days"). We offer regular team and offsite events. Furthermore you have the option to work on whatever you like once per quarter during our Hack Week. Of course, we also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as restaurant vouchers. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. For your personal hardware at work you can chose between MacBook Pro or Dell Laptop.
Sounds brilliant and we have awakened your interest? Then, we would be delighted to receive an informative application (including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and links to portfolio and/or other references) via our online application form.